Conditions for Coverage and Participation
The Conditions for Coverage that Medicare-funded dialysis facilities operate by, and the Conditions of Participation that Medicare-funded transplant centers operate by, were modified in 2007-2008. Adherence to these Conditions are monitored by Survey & Certification personnel from state Health Departments.
For information regarding the Conditions for Coverage for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) facilities, please visit the CMS.gov Survey and Certification Guidance to Laws & Regulations: Dialysis page. Documents are available for download on the CMS.gov website or by clicking the links below.
- ESRD Facility Conditions for Coverage (See Electronic Code of Federal Regulations)
- ESRD Program Interpretive Guidance
- CMS 3427 ESRD Application/Notification and Survey/Certification Report
- ESRD Core Survey Field Manual and Individual Tools & Worksheets
- ESRD Core Survey Data Worksheet
- ESRD Survey Laminates - Quick reference documents (i.e. Measures Assessment Tool (MAT)
- ESRD Survey & Certification Memo
The operating rules used by state surveyors to monitor transplant centers can be found at http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/GuidanceforLawsAndRegulations/Transplant-Laws-and-Regulations.html .
- EDR (Early Discussion & Resolution) Guide: English
If you can't read any of these documents – see http://www.nwrn.org/viewers for help.
Page updated July 28, 2016